A way to save string on Quest version

ok i know that pc player are the only ones that want strings (and to be honest thats kind of selfish)

but hear me out

The string command has been removed from the quest version of the game because it was causing performance issues which in turn can get it taken off the store so why dont you give the player a warning for when a server has low performance so that the player knows not to join unless they wanna join a lag storm of a server, this way quest can have string and the game will stay on the store, because if a player reports the game for low performance its a false accusation.

you can also make it so the server owner can just turn off strings

It is not possible to just “show a warning,” as they have to abide by performance standards. Quest games with community content such as Pavlov have very strict limits on map performance, and if they don’t perform above a threshold the map gets blacklisted.

1 Like

oh i didnt know that

1 Like

Just to clarify, as jeni said with the map blacklisting if they don’t meet the performance standards the game can be taken off of the quest store. I’m sure you can agree that you would rather have the ability to play the game without strings than no game at all. I only say this because I want you and anyone else who reads this to know, this is not happening just because the devs don’t want you to have strings. There would be a lot of time and effort wasted and a lot of unhappy customers if the game was removed.

i know im just find a way for us quest users to have strings

1 Like

I totally get it, I just want to make sure anyone who reads this is informed of the situation because this is spreading like wildfire and I don’t want the devs to get harassed because people don’t understand why the decision was made. Maybe when quest gets better tech or goes through some more optimization they might come back, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Again I totally understand your disappointment and I get why you and everyone else are upset.

1 Like

holy crap i haven’t been paying attention to the views

1 Like