Ability to gift store items

We can gift the game but not the store items. I would like to buy items to gift friends and townies on my server. It would mean more income for Alta while making givers and receivers of gifts happy.

This could be taken a step further and be used as a functional means for Alta to host ‘events’ (on their own servers most likely) for players to earn store items/currency. Easter egg hunts, gladiator battles, outfit competitions, skill challenges like best archer or fastest carpenter! Or just good ol’ server party and giveaway gifts. Lots of fun ideas to be had.

Not as great idea, hidden in shame but kept alive for context

It would also be kinda nice if some endgame aspect gave a little 5-25 currency boost per task, like a super combat trials or tower challenge. The income trickle could motivate more $5 & $10 purchases to round out currency value, or at the very least allow dedicated players to show their veteran status with ‘swag’. Or even smith viridium and valyan alloy bars for currency, at a return rate of 1 alloy bar = 1 point, suddenly people would be running mass mining ops lol

1 Like

You can already gift talem purchases in the launcher if you merely want to give out prizes for server events.

1 Like

That’s a good 1st step, but OP specified item gifting, for if servers want to give a SPECIFIC gift for example.

I could see them eventually making emote-packs for fun little FX, fireworks, star eyes, lightbulb moment, fake death, etc.
That would be yet another reason to allow individual item gifting.

1 Like

How do you do that? I didn’t see any way to do that. I wanted to buy a player the newer glasses that he liked a lot. I couldn’t find a way to do it, and now there’s been a rotation, so the glasses are gone. I play in Quest 2, if that makes any difference.

1 Like

Download the launcher on PC and sign in with your Alta account. You can access the talem store and you can buy talems for yourself or for others.

2 Likes

Sucks if your a Mac user… lmao
I have a goofy PC worth like $4k originally, probably not even $1.5k now
But the kicker is that my once $1k GPU has coil whine that drives my partner nuts. I’ve no idea the cause and Im too broke to afford legit testing or different parts.

But I guess if I ever wanna gift stuff it won’t hurt to power on my BRICK every now or then.

I just now saw your response. I’ll give it a go next time I’m in the game. Thanks!

I play on OQ2. I don’t have the game installed on my laptop because I doubt it’s powerful enough to run the game. If I download the game to my laptop, do you know if that would affect my Quest game/server?

1 Like

Some people play on both standalone Quest and a PC headset. It won’t cause issues. Also, you don’t need to run the game, just the launcher. Alta really needs to let people edit the launcher based stuff on their website though.

2 Likes