Blacksmithing ideas

Summary
expanding blacksmithing

Core concept
have a more tiered crafting process for blacksmithing, add the abbility to grind blades to sharpen them (like with a manual grinding wheel index ), also the ability to finish the sharpening with leather (like barbers do with their blades using a lether strip) , add ability to temper blade like when hardening steel
make blunt weapon actualy blunt and give the ability to add rivets, spike and plating

Personal twist (optional)
the sharpening could increase the weapon damage while the tempering would increase the durability of the item rivet would add blunt damage, spikes piercing damage and plating durability

This is fairly detailed and I love that! The grindstone would be a lot of fun to use when sharpening tools. I feel as if this could also be used to repair weapons or tools later on too.

1 Like

maybe repairing could involve the grinding stone but the number of time you are able to repair the weapon should be limited mabe by mateerial type (yeah grinding is basically removing material and there is a finite amount of it in anything and the softer the material the quicker it get removed)

3 Likes

After so long, make it possible to add an ingot to the blade. You have to smith it out again, but It’s cheaper then making an entire new blade. That way you can keep using the same weapon, sharpening and adding material as needed.

3 Likes

great idea, the “realy broken state repair” could imo, be a server option, for those how want the ease have it on and for those how stand for realism off (there is so much you can do with a blade for instance without altering it structural integrity especialy if the blade have been tempered with cf: the diferent rate of cooling of the metal render it surface and edge durable and stressed while the core stays relaxed an relativily soft (good for shock absorbtion)) i’ll point to this information, repairability of blades even if i recognise it should be less of a problem for things that aren’t blades.

1 Like