Burying Holes

Someone mentioned this to me but I got distracted and didn’t think about it till now.

But with the addition of shovelling dirt mounds, if players could create mounds, place items and pat them down to create them themselves.

Use a pick or shovel to dig up some earth, place item in the mound, pat the mound down with the back of a shovel to start embedding it in.

The more I write this, the more this sounds like planting seeds.

When’s farming, ffs?!!

There needs to be a mechanic associated with it. Right now if players do it, it is basically like a creating a mini quest for other players, which can be cool. Would love to know how other people feel about it.

But if there can be multiple mechanics depending on what you bury, that can be epic imho

3 Likes

We should be able to bury lit dynamite to give people a surprise looking for treasure. Imagine 20 dig spots, 1 has 100 valyan, the rest are filled with dynamite. A great quest for some wannabe adventurers!

1 Like

Or we could use the buried lit dynamite as landmines when people step on them.

3 Likes

A lit fuse is just slightly different to a pressure trigger… Burying dynamite would be good for making more powerful explosions though, for more explosive mining or for monster traps.
Being able to bury items ourselves, either to hide for safekeeping, or for treasure hunts for other players would be really nice. Bury item - take a photo of some clue to the location - post photo to the town message board.
Could also be nice if there were a couple of unique items that can only be found as rare dig loot. Wyrm eggs for cooking with, or a special root to carve a wand from… anything like that.

3 Likes

Yeah but it’s a videogame

1 Like

True, but just doesn’t feel like something that they’d do, when many other things are so in-depth. Maybe you’d have to bury a bit of flint in the same hole, and a player would create a spark to set it off when they strike it with a shovel?

4 Likes

There better be some limitations to this, otherwise I’m burying enough items to cover the entire town in lumpy dirt.

2 Likes

I need this and I need it

1 Like

@Bossun_Alta we should be able to bury potatoes/onions/garlic and dig them up after a certain time to get 5/2 of each depending on the plant. Maybe some sort of visual change or just the dirt being replaced by the plant’s model could show when they’re ready?

2 Likes

A very basic version of farming to hold us off? Would be fun to get some early farming in.

3 Likes