Charity-related Items (Pins, etc.)

This post was made along with @Soulsciety

Summary
Charity items in the future, in the form of cosmetics.

Main Part
Okay, there could be 2 ways of obtaining these Charity items:

• Donating during a 24 hour Township Tale livestream, with all proceeds going to something like Special Effect, sorta like the Team Fortress 2 BlapBash stuff.
  • Go the Club Penguin route, and have a large cauldron

With this, we could both raise money for charity, and have an incentive besides helping people in need to do so.
These could be pins, like the previously-mentioned BlapBash pins

Where different tier items were given to people who donated 5, 15, and 25 USD donations.

Concept Image (By Soul)

How does this route work exactly?

1 Like

In Club Penguin (Both Classic and Island) there was a yearly event based of donating club penguin currency in a big cauldron, there were goals and depending on how much the cauldron started filling, rewards for everyone would start unlocking if im not mistaken. Then at the end of the event the reunited ammount would be exchanged for real money and used for world care or charity.

1 Like

So basically people donate money into some kind of charity pot and it rewards random people cosmetics?? I feel like im being dumb and not understanding this.

1 Like

I have two replies to this, one is that everyone gets a reward based of how many coins were donated in a milestones/goals system (not talems) or two, depending on how many coins you donated you get something.

1 Like

Ok so you donate coins and not real money?

1 Like

Donating coins is the club penguin format, but this can be tweaked to be Talems based or direct donations

1 Like

Okay so it would be a little bit like the steam grand prix, where the more money you spend, the more likely you get something out of it?

1 Like

Not really, the way steam managed the grand prix is that the more money you waste the more turbo or attacks you can use and the more points you get to redeem levels (i leveled up like 30 levels because prix), what we want do is to allow everyone to add a little help even if they can’t support economically, and that’s where coins come in.

1 Like

Okay so you do donate coins, as in in-game coins, that you make with gold, right?

1 Like

Yeah, and to avoid making alta completely ruined a coin can be worth around a cent, but the devs see how to balance that, the point is that coins are kept in a pot or a pit, and the ammount is shown both in real money and in coins, as i explained before there can be milestones to unlock stuff for everyone who helped etc etc

1 Like

That sounds like a fun little grinding event to give coins more of a purpose. It would also be a way for some people who don’t have much $$ to get cosmetics.

1 Like

Yeah

More like donating money without really having money with the purpose of helping charity, not really for the cosmetics, that’s just a detail for the event in general

1 Like

“Charity” as in giving some players cosmetics or real charity.

1 Like

Real charity, the collected total gold in converted into real money to help, well, charity and other organizations.

1 Like

I don’t really like the idea of getting an in-game pins based on a charity, since that is going into weird cosmetics that don’t have much to do with the game, and that is only mentioning it as pins.

It’s also just going to add a TON of exclusive one time items into the game, and that is not the route I would like the game to go down.

The only way I could see this is if there was charity specific items, that aren’t too wacky and referential to the charity (pink ribbon, etc) and appear on the store with a discount during the event, but can still be bought after wards without the discount and the money still going to the charity.

Edit: Though there is the problem (not sure how big) of being able to buy talems, but then have the money from those talems to go to a charity. (which means all talems in the ecosystem can’t be considered assured money for Alta since at any time, all those could be used to buy charity cosmetics out of no where, or at least over time.)

that’s really smart, actually that’s the first thing we thought when we started developing the idea, as an addition to the cauldron and replacement to the free cosmetics, a specific item of the rotation is purchased and a percentage of the income on THAT specific item goes to the event.

this is not the case since the collected money in-game during the event for the cauldron is only Coins, buying Talems shouldn’t be relevant to the event whatsoever or affect it in any way, and the only way Talems would be considered into the event would be with the specific item purchase % that you said.