Enchanting weapons

So basically you can grab a weapon you made and go enchant it with like spells or elements.
Also with the upgrades/powers you have you could also make the slash with the sword look like the element. So if you use fire the slash you throw is like a flame that makes people/monsters burn. (If you get what I’m saying)

{[Added by Edit]}

I think it might be cool if enchanting gave you a bunch of options from retaining durability to adding a faux skill that the user might not have.

a basic enchant, like the one you mentioned, such as a fire aspect enchantment would add a burn/fire damage to all the attacks the weapon has, even the skills, while another enchantment could let you use the slash skill with that weapon, and if you already have that skill, it could add more damage to it.

Other people have suggested that the amount you can enchant an item is partly tied to how gilded an item is (how many gems, quality of gems, or even golden parts on the item.) so a plain sword might be able to get a weak enchantment, but something like a silver sword with a diamond encrusted guard could have more complex enchantments and/or having the enchantment they put on it be more powerful than it would be on a normal sword.

We could also make it so some enchantments are only available with a better enchanting station (if we use one of those, which would help with making enchanting easier then a system that would work without one) and just as with the item you’re enchanting, the power could go up with the quality of the enchanting table.

This is one idea that a lot of people have thought about, and I think a lot of people are behind it, but this post isn’t really going into depth at all about it.

I think it might be cool if enchanting gave you a bunch of options from retaining durability to adding a faux skill that the user might not have.

a basic enchant, like the one you mentioned, such as a fire aspect enchantment would add a burn/fire damage to all the attacks the weapon has, even the skills, while another enchantment could let you use the slash skill with that weapon, and if you already have that skill, it could add more damage to it.

Other people have suggested that the amount you can enchant an item is partly tied to how gilded an item is (how many gems, quality of gems, or even golden parts on the item.) so a plain sword might be able to get a weak enchantment, but something like a silver sword with a diamond encrusted guard could have more complex enchantments and/or having the enchantment they put on it be more powerful than it would be on a normal sword.

We could also make it so some enchantments are only available with a better enchanting station (if we use one of those, which would help with making enchanting easier then a system that would work without one) and just as with the item you’re enchanting, the power could go up with the quality of the enchanting table.

1 Like

I think the type of ores you use should change the amount you can enchant an item.

Also I know that my post is most likely not that good and stuff, thanks for pointing that out btw but I still liked the idea a lot and you added a lot of good ideas!

1 Like

If you want, you can just continue to edit the main post with the ideas I put and more if you think of some.

1 Like

I’m not taking all of the credit for the ideas that you wrote

1 Like

That is fine, you can put “Added by Edit” or “Credit to Edit for x” if you want, but it helps to expand on the main post.

1 Like

Aight done (I Don’t like taking credit for thinks I have not thought of)

1 Like

Enchanting is confirmed to come, so definitely keep discussing how you all think it should work.

1 Like

Definitely something I can get behind.

2 Likes