"Feeling Creative" Update Idea (1/?): Painting

NOTE: This is part one of the “Feeling Creative” update idea that im doing. @Raccoon wants to help with the music part of the update so idk if im the one that will post the second part
NOTE 2 (EDIT 1): i forgot to mention that this update is meant to come out after the housing update

i thought about this and it would be cool to share it, since i ended up thinking about all the creation recipes and methods etc.

Feeling Creative Update, Part #1, illustration
so this is the painting part of the update, im gonna proceed and explain how this will work, how to avoid inapropiate content, and other details.

first lets start with the recipes on how to get art materials…

BRUSHES
everyone knows what a brush is, right? well, basically for the starter brush you need to chisel the handle, its not any handle, but there its unique to the brush, once you make it you need to add dry grass at the top and you got a basic brush, this brush works as a ms paint basic tool.

imma think about more brushes as time goes since im writng this late and im tired

METAL BUCKET
the bucket is done at the blacksmith, requires 5 ingots of any kind, the type of metal decides how many uses the paint will handle before having none, i know what you are thinking “we can just use the wood bucket…” i know, but think about this, it would be better if the wood bucket got leaks so you loose paint over time, going back to the metal bucket system.

PAPER AND INK
Like Cheshire said:
the process of creation of these two objects will vary and be decided by the devs because we are not smart enough

Paper, dry grass and a frame is required for a Canvas, which will be placed on an Easel, the process of creation of the Easel is related to my DIY Furniture Idea creation process.
__
PAINT (COLORS) AND HOW TO GET THEM
Tomato is Red
Garlic is White
Ink is Black
Pumpkin is Yellow
Carrot is Orange
Blue is Blueberry (Temporary)
Sandstone is Peach
Rock Salt is Pink
Mixing colors together can give other results, the way that you make paint is by mixing water and the material required together, fruits and vegetables need to be squished and minerals or objects need to be destroyed, liquids needs to be mixed.

also a painter apron/outfit would be sick

HOW TO AVOID INAPROPIATE CONTENT AND GRIEFING

Inapropiate Content
There will be two buttons at the side of the canvas related to Security
one is the “hide” button (blue) which will make the drawing of the canvas dissapear or reappear, this will turn gray and disabled if the report button is used (red), this will make a warning come up saying that this cannot be undone and that the drawing will be hidden forever, this will send a warning to alta and they can ban the person that applied the innapropiate paint.

Avoiding Griefing
So at the side of the canvas below the report buttons there will be an “ask for permission” button (yellow), this will send a request to the owner of the canvas ONCE. and they decide if they wanna accept or not the collaboration of the person on that specific canvas, the owner can manage collaborators of the canvas using the request button, which will pop up a special menu for the owner, the owner can report, manually add and delete collaborators trough there.

Alternative Menu Idea by @Zebulaun

this is everything i hope its clear, let me know everything you think!

I think that the paint colors coming from those items such as foods is fine for now, I do think it would be best if it was eventually based on real world sources for dyes like shells and such.

Also a better reasoning for the metal buckets is that a wooden one would soak up dye and mess up and other dye put in it.

The painter out fit sounds great!

And I think the contribute button next to the painting is fine as long as it doesn’t send a message to a player half way across the map. As for the reporting system, it might be best to not require people to get closer to the offending painting to flag it

4 Likes

I agree with @Edit that it’s fine to make that stuff with food for now, but it would be nice to have flowers and shells and such to make the dyes. Also on the subject of the likeliness that painting will be implemented, i’d guess that it’s basically a given because there’s already models for 2 types of paint brushes, and many people seem to wanna make dope art.

4 Likes

@Edit In that case, perhaps when you select the quick option, there is an option to show all the paintings in the world that are in public areas and also displays the paintings in private areas (player houses) if they have been there for less than 20 minutes (time is debatable).

2 Likes

Thanks!

This is true, an alternative to this is the point and interact idea that @Zebulaun gave and i edited the post to quote with an image, that way people can still report the object without feeling forced to get closer as you said so.

2 Likes

I don’t think just because we got a model for a good paintbrush means we will get it, but the devs add nice stuff all the time, so there is that.

3 Likes

Fair enough, but I would consider it a higher likelihood than things that have barely been discussed.

3 Likes

Ohh, and there is the fact that someone might make more than one painting that only becomes nsfw when looked at as a whole, so maybe being able to flag more than one painting at once and letting the player send a screenshot with the report.

3 Likes

i didn’t think about this, totally true, i completely agree with the ideas both of you are giving.

3 Likes

I only have one question with this whole thing:
is the paint drinkable?

2 Likes

i mean, most of the colors will be made of food and water so yeah?

basically juice lol

2 Likes

There is also the question of “is it okay for lewd paintings if they are in a private house?” though there would be more to it like that the room that it’s in would also need to be marked as nsfw.

But either way, if it’s okay for that privately, than maybe a we could have a way to mark a artwork as nsfw while it’s being made, and only people that have gone through some hoops, such as age verification and opting in, could see them.

Weird and random thought, but something to think about.

2 Likes

The forbidden juice.

2 Likes

mmm liquid mmm yummy yes mmm

2 Likes

this is a hard to decide topic since NSFW art is also a thing specifically traditionally since it has been around for ages (i dont support or agree that NSFW digital art is okay), but to keep my reply simple, this is all up to the devs, if i had to choose i wouldn’t allow NSFW at all but if it was it would be basically flagged by the creator and the people who can see it must go through an age verification of some kind. i dont wanna go into details, neither we should continue with this specific topic of the update idea since the forums may not allow these kinds of discussions, but i think we left it clear what would happen if inaproppiate content is created.

2 Likes

wait that’s not family friendly

2 Likes

Like I said it was a weird thought, and it would not be viewable by those people. Anyway, like Soul said, it’s up to the devs.

1 Like

I like the concept and I’m all for it. Do you have some ideas on how paintings could be sold and where?

3 Likes

There should be a place in the trading street where you can hang pictures and set a price behind, after someone buys the painting the owner is changed and the collaborators are reset

4 Likes

No reselling for more than originally worth tho

1 Like