Garbage cans/Burn barrel

A container to delete junk and unused items

I talked about it with a few players. Have a container that you can dump trash into that then needs to be switched on, so that items do not get removed on accident. We just need something to help deal with all of the clutter on the server especially in the main town.

Personal twist (optional)
I was thinking that it would need to have a fuel supply, like the furnace or recycler.

Sadly, as much as this would help with clutter, it also encourages un-creative game design. All items should have a function, and there should really be no trash items. I would much rather give all the items that do not have many functions yet (bones, feathers) functions, instead of just giving us an easy way to get rid of them.
Also life hack for cleaning up stuff: Put it an empty slot in an unused building, and forget about it.

2 Likes

On top of what Fyre said, this idea has already be suggested here Trash cans, please search the forum to see if the idea is already posted before making an idea post.

Also, In MMOs (which ATT isn’t) there are sometimes junk items that the player has no use in besides selling, but you have to realize that those items technically have a use in the game logic, just that no player can has the ability to prosses it, so it is sold to the NPCs that “can” use it, but in ATT the players take the place of the NPCs that buy junk items, because they are the ones that have the use for them, though it is still in development and the items don’t have many uses yet (as Fyre said).

1 Like