Make lanterns have glass on them

Make the lanterns have clear glass in the spaces between the bars. This would make the look of the lantern more distinct as well as being another excuse to add craftable glass to the game. The main reason I want this is that it would make the lantern make more sense as a viable option for lighting in windy conditions, since Joel mentioned that wind could affect light sources, such as wind blowing out a torch.

I like that, it would also mean there would be a very plausible way for the light to be dampened down (like some kind of lever controlling how much air that can get to the light, which could be an easy way to put out the light or lower the usage of fuel for a dimmer light.

2 Likes

I like the idea of lanterns being more controllable in terms of fuel usage and light levels. It would make lanterns a little more viable (not that they aren’t) considering that torches are virtually infinite as a light source.

2 Likes

A twistable cap or base to open and close air holes would be a very nice idea! Burn brighter but faster in times of need, or low and slow, or to totally extinguish. Thumbs up from me. good idea!
Also. hey presto. suddenly introduces a form of long-range signalling.

2 Likes

what about the infinite fire glitch? that works really well. if it still works