Poor performance with Ryzen 5 1600 and RTX2060

I’m not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this. I’m getting a lot of reprojection but it is not related to GPU performance. I noticed that the advanced frame timing graph in Steam VR shows above 16ms/11ms for CPU but an acceptable 7-8ms/11ms for the GPU. I get reprojection even if I set the render resolution to 20%. I’m running Ryzen 5 1600 and can run almost every other VR and non VR game perfectly fine. Is this a known issue with the game or is there something I can configure to reduce the CPU load.

This is not due to your PC, but due to the servers you are playing on. Play on a less populated Server and you will have a much better experience.

1 Like

I was playing on a server with 10 players so I really doubt this is the problem. I will try it with less players to compare but it would be strange if other clients on the server are affecting my CPU usage other than for rendering visible players. This seems like a client side problem as far as I can tell.

10 players is actually a large amount in att terms, the player models are quite heavy and then all the physics interactions from them doing stuff causing server frames to drop and the random crap on the ground that comes with more populated servers

1 Like