Weapon coloring

Weapon coloring just to make weapons lively

A simple yet cool concept of coloring weapons which would be like char customization where you can change to color of weapons because seeing the same color constantly isnt that fun.Maybe so people can tell what material the sword is made of have the handle have or a gem which is colored the color the material is so people in combat can tell or during combat the color shows the normal material color before switching back to the painted one so its obvious which is is.This would be visually good as having a different colored weapons is good because since damage quality changes as materials get worse or better you cant have a red blade with out it being red iron which makes it a cool color but isnt used by serious pvp’rs or warriors because of its damage quality.Since the blade could show its color when combat is initiated for 5 seconds it balances the issue of not knowing the material.Just purely cosmetic which would make it visually appealing to have colored blades that arent in game ones

I think engraving and painting blades would be cool, but I don’t really see the reason that the other player has to know what your blade is made of, deceit is a fun game to play.

If paint can hide what your blade is made of, it might be needed that the paint wears away on the blade, which makes sense since paint would do that anyway.

I think a better way to style a weapon would be engraving and and adding gems, maybe if adding a better grip to the handle.

1 Like

It would be cool if you could scrape the paint off with another blade or chisel. That way you could prove that you aren’t trying to deceive anyone by scratching your weapon.

1 Like

Oh that’s cool, makes deceit harder, but still possible, I like it.

There could also be a enchantment that makes paint not scratch, but to keep what you just said, it could have a bit of a magical effect that gives it away when it would be scratched.

1 Like

An enchantment that makes the deceit more suttle would be cool. Imagine going into a duel with someone and having to scratch your blade to prove your weapon is truly what it seems.

1 Like

I was more thinking someone the person would enchant it to not scratch so when they get in a fight the other person misjudges them, but after the fight is over, they don’t need to add more paint to the blade.

1 Like

Interesting idea. @Bossun_Alta and @serena_alta, have a read, when you have a chance.

1 Like